Presenting Cube World Mods, the definitive mod database!
We’ve finally got a full-service site to upload & share the best mods for Cube World.
Upload your mod, swing by the forum, and chat about it with everyone!
If you’re a modder: go, go, go! Make your mods among the first!
EDIT: Please discuss everything related to the Picroma shop being available in the comments section of this article!
> Link <
It's finally happened, the moment we've all been waiting for. A few weeks for some, and a few years for others - it doesn't matter, the game is available play as a Demo and paid Alpha access.
Keeping this short and sweet, get involved guys, and stop by soon and share your opinions.
Purchase the Cube World Alpha.15 Euros or 20.10 USD.
Wollay's Gift to Us: 64 Screenshots!
Awww, Wollay, a birthday gift for us? You shouldn't have!...well, actually, no, we’re glad you did. We haven’t seen you for two months! Though, like usual, we can’t stay mad at you when you bring us such nice things – 64 screenshots is unprecedented! Whether you check out the screenshots or not, here's my summary on what we've learned.
▪ Quests – Temporarily removed to focus on other aspects, like alpacas. </s>
▪ Character Creation & Selection – No character limit; each character can enter each world.
▪ World Generation & Selection – Limit unknown; uses ‘seeds’; tells you how much has been explored.
▪ Overview Map – Shows the recommended level of your surrounding area.
▪ New Weapon Restrictions – Each class can use certain weapons [see blog post].
▪ Boomerangs –A throwing weapon so nice, you can throw it at least twice!...well, probably.
▪ Wandering NPC Adventurers – Some friendly, some foe. Probably all foe once provoked.
▪ Boss Abilities – Each boss has a random special ability, like ‘player cloning’ or ‘’.
▪ Rare Creatures – Drop a spirit [cube] when you defeat them. Depressing, awesome, or both?
▪ Item Formulas – Learn one & craft the item whenever you have the components.
▪ Class Trainers – Learn new abilities from masters of their class.
▪ City Districts – “Pet District”, “Adventurer District”, “Trade District”, “CRAFTING DISTRICT”, HNNNNG.
If you ask me, it sounds like the game itself is ready for Alpha. At this point, then, the questions become: does Wollay feel it’s ‘ready’ to be shared, and is the infrastructure in place to share it? The answer to both of those is probably an unsatisfying ‘not yet’, but it’s good to know the game is still making great progress.
Once again, Wollay, you’ve pleased us in ways nobody else can. Happy birthday to us. =)
Thanks again, everyone!
Wollay just updated his blog with some juicy information about the artificial intelligence in Cube World! Here's what he has to say:
I've been working on the artificial intelligence of Cube World's NPCs and monsters. I've added pathfinding and some behavior features to the AI. The pathfinding is based on the A* algorithm, with some additional features like climbing and arbititrarily sized bounding boxes for creatures and obstacles. NPCs like villagers use it to find their way to various places in the city. Enemies use it to follow the player even to the most unreachable locations.
He also posted some (read: a lot of) screenshots of the AI in action, following around an NPC named Alerick:
Click here to read the full blog post
It seems Wollay has been working hard on the land generator for the past couple of days!
We can see here that he has included temples in the game:
And we finally have another look at the snow biome:
Isn't that little penguin just adorable?
Also, we get a new peak at the world map as well!
It seems he has been doing an absolutely fantastic job with the generator so far!